Stella

Stella

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Basic Info

Stella is my beautiful 6 year old fawn Pug.  She has had two Mast Cell Tumors removed; one in March 2010 and another three weeks ago.  She will begin radiation therapy in two days. 

We live in the Midwest with our other 5 year old fawn Pug, Betty whom we adopted 8 months ago after she was rescued from a puppy mill.  We also have an 18 year old cat named Cami.

I am hoping this blog will not only be a good outlet for me as I struggle to deal with my own emotions but will also create a community of pet owners whose pets have MCT's or have been newly diagnosed.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is to ignore those whose comments are cruel.  It is difficult enough to deal with this kind of news and then also have to deal with ignorant comments spouted off from those who do not understand the bond we form with our pets.

I will include as many details from Stella's life and day-to-day routine as I can so that you are able to compare her situation to that of your pet. 

2 comments:

  1. My 10 year old Chihuahua, Joanie, has recently been diagnosed with a MCT on her chest. She is having surgery this thursday. I am a total wreck over it. I just wanted to take the time to thank you - Your blog gives me hope that my little girl may be ok.

    -Maggie
    http://www.facebook.com/maggie.elizabeth.336

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Joanie is doing well. Please keep me posted. adogsjourney@gmail.com

      Delete